As we all know, customers engage better with videos. It’s thus no surprise that most companies are using this very powerful medium to communicate with them on social media platforms.
Video marketing is an economical and effective marketing tool, and with an online video editor, the process is made even easier than you think.
If you want to create a video marketing campaign that works or need help designing successful digital marketing campaigns, this guide is the perfect solution for you.
6 Steps to Create a Video Marketing Campaign That Boosts Revenues
Follow these 6 strategies to make your video marketing campaign a success:
Be Clear About Your Objective
The first question you need to ask yourself is, why do you want to conduct a video marketing campaign? Do you want to:
- Increase awareness about your products and services
- Introduce a new product or service
- Share some promotional offers during your company’s anniversary or some specific festival
Here are 5 goals of every successful video marketing campaign:
- Awareness: Videos are an effective audiovisual medium, and they have higher engagement rates. Plus, it’s easy to show a customer how a product works through explainer videos. If the content quality is good and you have a powerful CTA (Call to Action), you have a higher chance of customer conversions.
- Consideration: The second stage of a video marketing campaign is helping customers decide about buying your product. For this, you can use a video ad whose primary goal is to sell the product. These are short-form videos with a duration of about 30 seconds.
- Conversion: You need to convert customers at this stage, and this is done through how-to or tutorial videos. These videos help customers understand how the product makes their lives easier or solves a problem.
- Action: The customer is convinced at this stage and would like to know what to do next. You need to guide the customer by asking them to either subscribe to your video, provide a link to your website where they can buy your products, or sign up for a free newsletter.
- Retention: Your primary goal should be retaining your existing customers, not constantly trying to get new customers. To achieve retention, it is important to follow up with customers through emails asking them to rate the product, share FAQs to clarify their doubts, and send educational videos to help them understand how the product works.
Identify the Best Marketing Platform
You might have created a very impacting video, but is it reaching your target audience? If you are catering to a young crowd, your video should be shared on Instagram or TikTok. For a more mature audience, you should be promoting your video on Facebook.
Here are the different categories of videos and the ideal platform for them:
- Explainer or How-to Videos: To promote explainer or how-to videos, your best choice would be YouTube. The reason for this is simple – YouTube is the go-to platform to provide solutions to young viewers in the 18 to 30 age category.
- Short entertainment videos: If you want to promote short videos under 15 seconds primarily for entertainment, your best platforms are TikTok and Instagram. This platform gives you access to Gen Z and helps in generating leads. Features like Reels and Live Room videos make marketing on Instagram easier.
- Carousel ads: Facebook gives you multiple options when it comes to ads. You can choose from collection ads (combines videos with your products), carousel ads (combines multiple videos and images), or video ads to promote your product to a much wider age group. The age group on Facebook varies from 18 to over 50, so you have a wider audience.
- Product videos or behind-the-scenes videos: When you want viewers on your website to stay for a longer period, use product videos and behind-the-scenes videos. Viewers feel a greater connection with you when they see your employees and hear them talk about their lives at your company. Use a video editor to ensure the flow is smooth and the quality of the video is up to the mark.
- Marketing videos: These are ideally used in email marketing. People are more likely to open videos compared to text-based emails. Don’t forget to use a meta title and meta description, along with ensuring SEO optimization to generate leads from your video.
Decide Your Budget
Like any other investment, start with a smartphone camera when you are new to video marketing. With experience, you can raise your budget and invest in a more high-end camera for your video shoot.
If you hire professionals, you need to factor in pre and post-production costs along with video shooting costs. However, to save the extra cost of editing, you can use the best online video editor that helps you to add animation and music to your videos by yourself and make them more engaging.
You can start with a smaller budget and slowly scale it according to your requirements.
Provide Regular Content Through Batch Creation
Customers need relevant and quality content on a regular basis to stay engaged. You can batch-create videos and upload them at regular intervals based on a schedule.
Part of your digital marketing campaign should be dedicated to batch creation so that you have sufficient stock of quality videos to share with the customer. This will ensure a steady flow of high-quality content.
Use Paid Ads Only As You Scale
When generating leads or converting customers, you don’t always need paid ads. You can post content on social media for free and get higher user engagement. If you are a small business with a limited budget, video marketing is an effective tool.
Users on Instagram have made purchases after watching shopping video posts. All this has been done without any paid ads. As you scale your business and have a bigger budget, you can try paid ads.
Learn From Feedback
Don’t worry too much about getting your digital marketing videos right on the first attempt. Test the market and learn about the tastes and preferences of your target audience.
Offer your audience a variety of videos like demo videos, testimonials, explainer videos, or long-form videos. Each video should have a compelling CTA or call to action trigger to influence the audience to take action.
Once you have more analytics about how your videos are doing, you can tweak and scale your video creation strategy more effectively.
Now that you know the steps to create a successful video marketing campaign, all you need to do is start. Have your scripts and tools ready and be prepared to make your videos go viral!